Motsomi & Infinito Safaris (2 well known safari companies in South Africa) joined forces to establish Ultimate Tanzania Safaris that operates exclusively in Tanzania. Pieter & Charl with their more than 70 years of combined hunting experience, secured 500 000 acres bordering the world famous Selous Game Reserve on the South West as their hunting area known as Nalika WMA. The Selous Game Reserve, the largest protected area in the world, 33,000 sq. miles of Africa’s most unspoilt wilderness, the reserve is renowned for its rugged beauty, abundant wildlife and excellent trophy hunting, the area is predominantly miombo woodland with rolling hills. This is Old Africa hunting at its best with free roaming buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion etc. Tanzania is seen as the BEST hunting in the world, our goal is to make Tanzania AFFORDABLE & ACCESSIBLE to our hunting friends across the globe, with our all inclusive pricing structure and flying commercial to within 5 hours of camp.
1. Hunting vehicles: Are very well equipped 4×4 vehicles, rigged to make your transportation and recovery of game as effortless as possible.
2. Medical: Tanzania is a malaria area and precautions must be taken. Consult your physician. Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance is mandatory.
3. Travel arrangements: Fly into Dar Es Salaam, pick up by UTS representative and taken to the Sea Cliff Hotel, next day fly out to Songea on a commercial flight, pick up by UTS representative and driven out to camp. Same arrangements at conclusion of the safari.
4. Visa Requirements: You will need a Visa which can be obtained at the airport or ahead of time.
5. Electricity: 220V AC supplied via solar and/or generator. Camps do have US adapters.
6. Climate: Daytime July and August 75° F to 85° F and at night 64° F to 72° F. Daytime September and October 85° F to 95° F and at night 70° F to 80° F.
7. Hunting Regulations: – Hunting season 1 July – 31 December, driest period July – mid November. – No hunting of female, young or immature animals. – Hunting is only to be conducted in the daylight hours. – Hunting is strictly regulated by a quota system there for we need to know what your wish list is to ensure quota is available.
Our camp consists of spacious and comfortable wall tents on a river bank with ample shade throughout the day. Equipped with all the luxuries and amenities of modern living. Each insect proof tent, includes a bathroom featuring a sink, flush toilet and shower, with hot and cold running water and electricity. A spacious dining and lounge area features a well-stocked bar and comfortable living area, where one can relax, reflect on the day’s events and enjoy the sounds of Africa. In the evening enjoy your favorite drink around a log fire with the roar of a lion in the distance and a 3-course meal expertly prepared by our chef.